Saturday, July 10, 2010

Samples for the shop



Here is a completed quilt, as promised. It is a crib/throw size and made using
Riley Blake Fabrics from their line called "Wheels". They are a smaller fabric company that honestly, I had never heard of before Deb and Patricia started the shop. They were a good find though. We are carrying 2 of their lines: Wheels and Colorful Christmas. We also have some of their fun notions- velvet rick-rack in several colors! (I am such a sucker for rick-rack, I will definitely be adding that to some projects soon) They are one of those companies that use the same colors and designs for multiple lines so it is easy to mix and match a project using their fabrics.

The pattern I used is from "Quilter's World" magazine April 2010 issue, designed by Sue Harvey and Sandy Boobar. I changed it a bit outside the lattice work to suit my taste and the fabrics I had chosen but, it looks pretty close to their original design. I think this pattern would work well for a lot of kid fabric lines if they are traditionally designed (one large scale print, one strip/plaid, dots, a tone-on-tone and smaller scale colorful coordinates). With this recipe you can kind of plug the fabrics into quilts like this to make quick cute quilts.
Here is a close up of the details.

I quilted it on my domestic machine with pretty good results though don't look too close! The polka dots with the brown background are prairie points. They added a cute touch on this especially since it is a kid's quilt.
Patricia is busy with other shop samples as well as customer quilts on the longarm. It is so neat to watch the quilts transformed by the quilting! I will post some pictures of other samples as they are completed.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so great! I love all the Fairy Frost fabrics; looking forward to splurging on these.

    ReplyDelete