Monday, September 6, 2010

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about?  It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then would there?"
-Lucy Maud Montgomery 
Anne of Green Gables
The store is closed today giving us a chance to work on some shop samples and plan our next projects at the shop.  I am locked up in my sewing room trying to focus on the work at hand, seen above in the photo. I really like this quilt because it challenged me and, though it is not perfect I learned from it, and that always makes me happy and gets me thinking about what will come next.  
Do you ever have that happen to you? A project that makes you proud and therefore braver as you plan the next one?  It is so inspiring to me that there are always new things coming out to inspire me... new techniques, new fabrics, new tools, patterns, and threads to learn about.   It is fun to go into the shop each day and be continually inspired. Plus I have all our customers coming in! Bringing the enthusiasm of a new quilter or the skilled eye of an experienced quilter to bounce ideas off of.  Always learning new things is such a boost for creativity.  It makes me feel very grateful and very inspired.  What will be next? I wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment